United Bank for Africa (UBA) Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 | N6m in Prizes
UBA Foundation, the CSR arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces the commencement of the 2020 edition of the National Essay Competition (NEC) for senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Winners get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Topic:
- “Do you think that the lock down during the Covid-19 pandemic was an essential measure in spite of the hardship it brought economically?
- What would you have done differently and why?”
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
Judge: The panel of judges are made up of Professors from reputable Nigerian Universities
- N2.5 million educational grant.
- N2 million educational grant.
- N1.5 million educational grant.
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessement.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
How to Enter UBA Essay Competition.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address). Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
UBA House (15th Floor),
57, Marina – Lagos State.
Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation